H.E. Dr. Hassan Chalak
H.E. Salim el Hoss
- Father’s name: Selim
- Mother’s name: Zalfa Saadeddine Chalak
- Place and date of birth: 15/5/1934, Ajdebbrine- Koura
- 17/4/1963 - 20/2/1970: Supervisor at the Civil Service Board.
- 20/2/1970 - 10/12/1970: Chief supervisor at the Civil Service Board.
- 10/12/1970 - 21/11/1992: Head of the Department of Surveillance and Studies at the above mentioned council.
- Director General by proxy of legal affairs at the Presidency of the Republic.
- 21/11/1992: President of the Civil Service Board.
- 1961-1962: B.A in Law at Cairo University
- 1962: B.A in Lebanese Law at the Lebanese University
- 1977: Diploma in public law at the Lebanese University
- 1978: Diploma in private law at the Lebanese University
- PH.D in public law
- 1967: Specialization course within the context of Civil Service in the United States.
- 1968: Training course for promotion to 2nd category at the National Institute for Administration and Development, CSB (2nd rank).
- Conferences about social and political institutions in a modern state.
- The Lebanese administration: past, present, and future.
- A paper about the Civil Service Board.
- A paper about public agencies in Lebanon.
- He participated in studies concerning the public service within a common program between the American University of Beirut and Harvard University, Kennedy School of government.
- Taught at the Lebanese University, since 1978, the following courses: « The Public Administration » and « Social and Political Institutions in a Modern State ».
- Taught « the Private Administrative Law » at the Judicial Studies Institute, « the Administrative Law » in Arabic at the American University of Beirut, and the civil service topic as part of the « Administrative Law » at the Arab University.
- 1979:Represented Lebanon in a conference about the civil service in Syria.
- 1981:Represented Lebanon in a conference about the civil service in Baghdad.
- 31/5/1991: Participated in a workshop held at the American University of Beirut where he presented an article titled « Role of the Administration in the Reconstruction and Development of Lebanon ».
- April 1993: Participated in a conference about public agencies and their role in Lebanon held at the American University of Beirut. The conference was attended by a number of general directors and ministers.
- April 1994: Represented Lebanon in a conference about administrative reform, held in Barcelona under the supervision of U.N.D.P.
- December 1994: Represented Lebanon in a conference about administrative reform held in Cairo under the supervision of the E.D.I which is affiliated to the World Bank
- March 1995: Participated in a workshop held in Washington by the E.D.I for the evaluation of its activities.
- April 1996: Participated in another workshop held in Washington by the E.D.I in order to face challenges of this institution at the approach of the 21st century.
- From 24 to 29 /1/1996: Participated in a workshop about administrative reform held by the British Council at ALBERMASTON, Britain.