H.E. Karim Pakradouni
H.E. Rafic el Hariri
- Date of Birth: 18 August 1944 – Beirut
- Civil Status:
- Armenian Orthodox, married to Mona Nachef.
- Has two sons: Jihad (1972) and Jawad (1978).
- Primary and Secondary Studies: Collège Notre-Dame de Jamhour – Lebanon, until 1962.
- Law degree from the Faculté de Droit et des Sciences Economiques at the Université Saint-Joseph – Beirut, 1966.
- Degree in Political Sciences from the Université Saint-Joseph – Beirut, 1967.
- Degree in History from the Ecole Supérieure des Lettres – Beirut, 1970.
- Attorney at law – registered with the Beirut Bar Association since 1969.
- Running his private law firm since 1975.
- Member of the Association of Lebanese Writers since 1994.
- STRUCTURES DES KATAEB, October 1967, a French essay.
- LE PARI LIBANAIS, Ed. Nahar, 1970, in French and in collaboration with Maurice Gemayel.
- LE LIBAN-SUD (a collective work), Ed. Nahar, 1974, in Arabic.
- LA PAIX MANQUEE OU LE MANDAT D'ELIAS SARKIS, 1976-1982, Ed. FMA, 1984, in Arabic, French and English.
- LE PIEGE OU DE LA MALEDICTION DU LIBAN A LA GUERRE DU GOLFE, Ed. Grasset, 1991, in Arabic and French.
- NATION ET ETAT AU LIBAN, a dialogue between Karim Pakradouni and Karim Mroueh, Ed. Al Jadid, 1995, in Arabic.
- Multiple essays and articles in different periodicals.
Publications About the Minister:
- LA TENDANCE PAKRADOUNIENNE AU SEIN DU FRONT LIBANAIS, by Dr. Antonios Jilwan, 1977, in French.
- KARIM PAKRADOUNI: PENSEUR OU ACTIVISTE, by Mr. Nazih Chelala, Ed. Adonis, 1989, in Arabic.
- Member of the Kataeb Party since April 1959.
- Among the founders of the CAB (Comité Actif de Bienfaisance at the Collège Notre-Dame de Jamhour) in 1962.
- Head of the Kataeb Student Section (SEK) from 1968 to 1970.
- Member of the Kataeb Political Bureau from 1970 to 1984 and from 1986 to 1992.
- Personal Advisor to the Lebanese President of the Republic, Mr. Elias Sarkis from 1976 to 1982.
- Vice-president of the Lebanese Forces from 1986 to 1988.
- Member of the Lebanese Front from 1986 to 1988.
- Secretary-General of the Kataeb Party from 1992 to 1995.
- Vice-president of the Kataeb Party from 1995 to 2001.
- President of the Kataeb Party since 4 October 2001.
- Minister of State for Administrative Reform since 17 April 2003.