Supply Procurement Notice
Supply of Equipment for Various Municipalities in Lebanon in four lotsLocation: Lebanon
- Publication reference
International Open Tender
This procurement is entirely and solely managed by the Contracting Authority with funds donated by the European Union.
- Contracting authority
Office of the Minister of State for Administrative Reform
Contract SpecificationsDescription of the contract
The contract is concerned with the supply and installation- in four lots- at different sites in Lebanon of a self-moving turning machine that shall turn, aerate and transfer organic waste material (Qabrikha municipality – South Lebabon), a wheel loader for the transfer and movement of waste material inside a sorting facility (Union of Al Fayhaa Municipalities – North Lebanon) , 2 skid steer loaders for the transfer and movement of waste material inside sorting and composting facilities (Union of Al Fayhaa Municipalities & Union of El Minieh Municipalities – North Lebanon) and an organic waste transfer truck (Union of Al Fayhaa Municipalities – North Lebanon).Number and Titles of Lots
- Lot I: Self-Moving Turning Machine /Municipality of Qabrikha
- Lot II: Wheel Loader /Union of Municipalities of Al Fayhaa –Tripoli
- Lot III: Skid Steer Loader/Union of Municipalities of Al Fayhaa /Tripoli and El Minieh
- Lot IV: Organic waste Transfer Truck/Union of Municipalities of Al Fayhaa-Tripoli
Terms Of ParticipationEligibility and rules of origin
Participation is open to all legal persons participating either individually or in a grouping (consortium) of tenderers which are established in a Member State of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) or in a country or territory of the regions covered and/or authorised by the specific instruments applicable to the programme under which the contract is financed (see item 22 below) (Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Palestinian Authority of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Russian Federation, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine as well as the beneficiary countries of the pre-accession assistance instrument (Croatia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Albania, Bosnia, Montenegro, Serbia, including Kosovo), and EEA countries (Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway)). All goods supplied under this contract must originate in one or more of these countries. Participation is also open to international organisations. Participation of natural persons is directly governed by the specific instruments applicable to the programme under which the contract is financed.Grounds for exclusion
Tenderers must submit a signed declaration, included in the Tender Form for a Supply Contract, to the effect that they are not in any of the situations listed in point 2.3.3 of the Practical Guide to contracts procedures for EU external actions.Number of tenders
Tenderers may submit only one tender per lot. Tenders for parts of a lot will not be considered. Any tenderer may state in its tender that it would offer a discount in the event that its tender is accepted for more than one lot. Tenderers may not submit a tender for a variant solution in addition to their tender for the supplies required in the tender dossier.Tender guarantee
Tenderers must provide a tender guarantee of :
- 960 Euro (Nine Hundred and Sixty Euros) for lot One,
- 3,500 Euro (Three Thousand and Five Hundred Euros) for lot Two,
- 1,320 Euro (One Thousand Three Hundred and Twenty Euros) for lot Three,
- 1,540 Euro (One Thousand Five Hundred and Forty Euros) for lot Four,
when submitting their tender. This guarantee will be released to unsuccessful tenderers once the tender procedure has been completed and to the successful tenderer(s) upon signature of the contract by all parties. This guarantee will be called upon if the tenderer does not fulfil all obligations stated in its tender.Performance guarantee
The successful tenderer will be asked to provide a performance guarantee of 10% of the amount of the contract at the signing of the contract for each lot. This guarantee must be provided together with the return of the countersigned contract no later than 30 days after the tenderer receives the contract signed by the Contracting Authority. If the selected tenderer fails to provide such a guarantee within this period, the contract will be void and a new contract may be drawn up and sent to the tenderer which has submitted the next cheapest compliant tender.Information meeting and/or site visit
No information meeting is plannedTender validity
Tenders must remain valid for a period of 90 days after the deadline for submission of tenders.Period of implementation of tasks.
Implementation Period for each lot will be as follow:
- Lot I / Self Moving Turning Machine: 4 Months
- Lot II / Wheel Loader: 4 Months
- Lot III / Skid Steer Loader: 4 Months
- Lot IV / Organic Waste Transfer Truck: 5 Months.
Selection and Award CriteriaSelection criteria
The following selection criteria will be applied to tenderers. In the case of tenders submitted by a consortium, these selection criteria will be applied to the consortium as a whole:
- Economic and financial capacity of tenderer (based on i.a. item 3 of the Tender Form for a Supply Contract). In case of tenderer being a public body, equivalent information should be provided.
- The tenderer must be an established company since at least 3 years. Tenderers shall submit an authenticated commercial register certificate from the Commercial Register for companies registered in Lebanon or equivalent certificates for companies registered outside Lebanon;
- The average annual Turnover of the tenderer must exceed 2 times the proposed financial offer(s) for the past 3 years;
- Professional capacity of tenderer (based on i.a. items 4 and 5 of the Tender Form for a Supply Contract)
- The tenderer must be in the successful business of manufacturing, export or trade and installation (where applicable) of similar supplies for at least 3 years;
- The manufacturer must be in the successful business of manufacturing similar goods for at least three years;
- The tenderer must have a successful track record in the maintenance of the supplies tendered; and
- At least 10% of all staff working for the tenderer this year in fields related to this contract have been employed by the tenderer for the past three years.
- Technical capacity of tenderer (based on i.a. items 5 and 6 of the Tender Form for a Supply Contract)
An economic operator may, where appropriate and for a particular contract, rely on the capacities of other entities, regardless of the legal nature of the links which it has with them. Some examples of when it may not be considered appropriate by the Contracting Authority are when the tender rely in majority on the capacities of other entities or when they rely on key criteria. If the tender rely on other entities it must prove to the Contracting Authority that it will have at its disposal the resources necessary for performance of the contract, for example by producing an undertaking on the part of those entities to place those resources at its disposal. Such entities, for instance the parent company of the economic operator, must respect the same rules of eligibility and notably that of nationality, as the economic operator. Furthermore, the data for this third entity for the relevant selection criterion should be included in the tender in a separate document. Proof of the capacity will also have to be furnished when requested by the Contracting Authority.
- The tenderer has successfully completed in the past three years 2 projects in related fields. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to ask for copies of the respective certificates of final acceptance signed by the contracting authority of projects concerned.
TenderingHow to obtain the tender dossierThe tender dossier is available from the following Internet address:
The tender dossier is also available from the Contracting Authority. Tenders must be submitted using the standard Tender Form for a Supply Contract included in the tender dossier, whose format and instructions must be strictly observed.Tenderers with questions regarding this tender should send them in writing to:Contract Manager:
Aline Saadeh, Procurement AssistantAddress:
Office of the Minister of State for Administrative Reform
STARCO bldg. Bloc C, 5th Floor, Omar el Daouk Street,
Beirut 2020 3313, LebanonFax:
961 1 371599E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
; Cc: email@example.com
(mentioning the publication reference shown in item 1) at least 21 days before the deadline for submission of tenders given in item
The Contracting Authority must reply to all tenderers' questions at least 11 days before the deadline for submission of tenders. Eventual clarifications or minor changes to the tender dossier shall be published at the latest 11 days before the submission deadline on the EuropeAid website at www.omsar.gov.lb
.Deadline for submission of tenders
The Deadline for submission of tenders is on Tuesday the 5th of April 2011 at 12:00 Noon Beirut local time.
Any tender received after this deadline will not be considered.Tender opening session
The Public opening session will be conducted on Tuesday the 5th of April at 12:00 Noon Beirut local time at the address mentioned in the above article number 18.Language of the procedureAll written communications for this tender procedure and contract must be in English.Legal basis
ENPI (Regulation (EC) No 1638/2006 of the EP and of the Council - OJ L 310/1 of 9.11.2006).